Recipe: California Avocado Halibut Ceviche
Simple and tasty ceviche recipe with coconut, lemongrass, and ginger.
Combine the diced filet, lime juice and salt together and let sit in the refrigerator until cured, approximately 45 minutes, drain well and reserve.
Combine the coconut milk and lime juice in a small sauce pot. Smash the lemongrass with the back of your knife and add to the coconut milk with the ginger and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes or until reduced slightly and thickened. Remove from the heat and let sit for 30 minutes to infuse, strain and chill.
Combine the halibut, the coconut dressing, the onion, peppers and cilantro in a bowl and mix well. Season and place in the cut California avocados and serve.
- 3 C Fresh halibut filet, diced
- 1C Fresh lime juice
- 1 T Salt
- 1 can (14oz) Unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ C Fresh lime juice
- 1 ea. Lemongrass stalk
- 2 T Fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 t Salt
- ¼ ea Red onion, shaved thin
- ¼ C Fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ ea Red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- ½ ea Yellow bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 ea Jalapeno, seeded and julienned
- 3 ea. California avocadoes cut in half with pits removed